Web site: https://www.lvsdecorativearts.co.uk/
A late 19th century fine quality bronze Marly horse with his trainer, after Guillaume Coustou The Elder - ADDITIONAL IMAGES CAN BE VIEWED BELOW:
The original pair of horses were carved from marble and made for the Chateau de Marly between 1740-1745 and were then moved to the entrance of the Champs Elysees after The Revolution in 1794.
During the 19th century bronze reductions of these figures were very popular in Victorian households.
This particular casting is of fine quality and has an excellent patination, we cannot find a signature on this bronze although this is not uncommon and this does not take away from the quality of the piece.