Bronze Marly horse & trainer
A late 19thc bronze Marly horse with his trainer, after Guillaume Coustou The Elder.
The original pair of horses were in marble, and made for the Chateau de Marly between 1740-1745 and were then moved to the entrance of the Champs Elysees after The Revolution in 1794.
During the 19thC bronze reductions of these figures were very popular in Victorian households.
This particular casting is very fine and has an excellent patination.
This piece is signed, the signature is not fully visible, but starts 'Cou..' for 'Coustou'.
FURTHER IMAGES CAN BE VIEWED BELOW: